For some reason Tesla recently removed this support document so we’ve copied the wording for those who require it:
Ministry of Transport (MOT) Testing
The MOT (Ministry of Transport) test is an annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness, and exhaust emissions required in Great Britain for most vehicles over three years old. Tesla vehicles should be taken to a third-party test center to have their test evaluation and certification. This website contains Tesla-specific details to complete the test such as jacking points, settings for free wheeling, and how to complete the brake tests.
Use the guidelines below to make sure you are lifting the vehicle safely:
- Position the vehicle centrally between the lift posts.
- For Vehicles Equipped with Smart Air Suspension:
If the vehicle is equipped with Smart Air Suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off.
Use the touchscreen to set the suspension:
- Touch Controls > Suspension
- Press the brake pedal, then touch Very High to maximize the height of the suspension.
- Touch Jack to disable self-leveling. When Jack mode is active, the vehicle displays an indicator light on the instrument panel, along with a message telling you that active suspension is disabled.
Warning: If your vehicle is equipped with Smart Air Suspension, it automatically self-levels, even when power is off. You MUST disable this system by engaging Jack mode before lifting or jacking. If you do not disable Smart Air Suspension, vehicle can attempt to self-level, causing serious damage, bodily injury, or death
- Position the lift arm pads under the body rails at the locations illustrated. DO NOT position the lift arm pads under the Battery.
- Adjust the height and position of the lift arm pads to make sure that they are correctly located.
- With assistance, raise the lift, making sure that the lift arm pads remain in their correct positions.
Warning: Never raise vehicle when the charge cable is connected, even if charging is not in progress.
Warning: Do not work on an incorrectly supported vehicle. Doing so can cause serious damage, bodily injury, or death.
Caution: Make sure that the lifting equipment does not touch the high voltage battery. Lifting the vehicle from other locations might cause damage to the high voltage battery.
Keeping The Vehicle in Neutral (Tow Mode)
As a standard safety feature, Tesla vehicles automatically engage the parking brake when it detects a driver is leaving the vehicle, even if Neutral has been selected. Enable Tow Mode to make sure the wheels roll freely without an occupant in the vehicle.
- Shift into Park.
- Press the brake pedal.
- Touch Controls > Settings > Service & Reset > Tow Mode.
The vehicle beeps, and shifts into Neutral (which releases the parking brake).
When Tow Mode is active, an indicator light on the instrument panel is displayed, along with a message that says the vehicle will remain free rolling.
Note: In Tow Mode, the vehicle does not shift into a driving gear. To cancel Tow mode, shift into Park or touch Tow mode again. Tow Mode also cancels if you use the touchscreen to apply the parking brake (Controls > E-Brake & Power Off > Parking Brake).
Brake Servo Test
When a door is opened, the vehicle turns on the instrument panel and touchscreen. The instrument panel displays the status of doors and the charge level.
- Press the brake. The vehicle turns on and the electric brake servo activates.
- To allow a test on this side of the braking system the car key needs to be removed away from the vehicle by more than 2 meters. This ensures the vehicle doesn’t fully power on (Drive Rails OFF).
- When “KEY NOT INSIDE” is displayed on the instruments the electric brake servo is not activated, the brake pedal pressure test can be then carried out. Bringing the vehicle car key back into range allows for the reactivation of the servo.
Park Brake Test
To test the efficiency of the individual park brake, EPB Dynamic Mode must be activated. This is designed to slow the vehicle to a stop at a moderate rate using only the Parking Brake Calipers and not the Hydraulic Brake Calipers. This is an emergency feature in case of hydraulic pressure loss.
To activate the EPB Dynamic Mode:
- Drive onto rolling road
- Select/Shift to Neutral. This can be done from the stalk or the touchscreen.
- Press and hold P Button until wheels stop rotating
- Select Neutral, Drive or Touchscreen Park Brake Icon to release Park Brake